Thursday, March 5, 2009

How To Make Money Online Despite the Economy

How To Make Money Online Despite the Economy


If you're like me or the 600,000 other people who lost their jobs in January of 2009 alone, you are probably desperate to find a way to replace your lost revenue and take care of your family.

I decided that rather than let some corporation control my fate and dictate my life, I would take matters into my own hand and find a way to make money online with my own business.

Of course I had no idea of where to start. My friend James had been laid off since November of 2008 (he had been working as a waiter at a diner near the Ford plant in Cleveland that was shut down). He always talked about the people that were making a killing online with their own business but I thought he was just another dreamer wasting his time thinking he could become the next online millionaire.

I used to make fun of James when we would all get together to play World of Warcraft at our friend Steve's apartment but he would just shrug his shoulders and say – one day I will be making money online and you losers will still be wasting your lives away working for someone else.

Pretty soon we saw that James seemed to be doing just fine while all of us were scared to death about the economy. Every time they talked about the recession on CNN, we were glued to it and James seemed to be ignoring it, busy messing around with his new iPhone. Maybe there was something to this make money online stuff.

When I lost my job, I was scared out of my wits. You see my wife was 6 months pregnant with our first kid and I had absolutely no idea how I was going to be able to take care of them, not to mention the fact that the rent was due in 2 weeks and my car payment was due in 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment